Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Today was a creative day...

After quite a couple weeks of not actually having enough time to do something sewy and creative, I finally managed to get a Kindle Cover done that I promised to make for a friend. Her father loves motorbikes and owns a Kindle, so since Harley Davidson is his favourite type of motorbike, I came up with this idea.


After googling (I love Google!!) I found a cross stitch logo at Debbie's Cross Stitch and decided to use it for this Kindle Cover. I altered the logo a bit here and there though. The cross stitch logo alone took me 7 nights  to finish. I guess I'm a slow stitcher...the rest was whipped up in an afternoon.

I should mention this isn't my first Kindle Cover, I made one for my BFF earlier this year, with a different front though, but also in black. Both were made from an awesome tutorial that I found on Whipstitch - and also via Google ;). Go check it out! It's very easy, all you have to consider are the exact measurements of the Kindle it's meant for, because there are a gazillion different ones out there by now. 

More photos of the 2 covers I've made so far can be found on my Flickr stream.

Project for tomorrow? Possibly more keyrings, which are a new idea I've been having.

Have a nice day everyone!

Until next time,
xx Lia



2 comments:

  1. i admire the cross stitch because it looks like a helluva work and makes the cover stand out.

    and i'd love to hear - and SEE - more about those key rings. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will soon, promise! but they're a secret as of right now lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...