Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Liebster Award



I just received a message from Ange at Heart of Charnwood that she nominated me for the Liebster Award.

The Liebster Award is a fun opportunity to promote small blogs as well as revealing a bit more about yourself to your readers. To qualify for the Liebster Award your blog needs to be less than 6 months old (date of the first blog) OR have less than 200 followers. And you also have to do the following:

1. List 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer 11 random questions from the person that nominated you
3. Choose 11 blogs to pass the Liebster Award on to and notify them
4. Create 11 questions that your nominees have to answer


And here are my 11 random facts:

1. I'm allergic to nuts and about 20 other things in foods alone...
2. I'm far too honest for my own good, which has brought on a few troubles in life, although most of my friends treasure me because of it.
3. I'm a pessimist, can't change anything about that, the glass is always half empty.
4. I'm extremely cautious with people. I usually know right away if I like or don't like someone and I usually can trust my gut feeling quite well, just have to learn to listen to it more, but I'm known for my predictions usually coming through, which is often quite scary.
5. My bestestestest friend in the world is from Devon, UK and the reason my English is what it is today. In the 8 years that I know and love her she's taught me a whole lot more than my English teacher did in 6 years of middle school.
6. I learned sewing in middle school starting at the age of 12, which was 20 years ago, but haven't started it up again until 2 and a half years ago.
7. If I could I would finance my life with the selling of my sewn crafts, that's a big dream of mine.
8. As a teenager I tried pretty much every crafty hobby there was, all but one: sewing.
9. Another hobby of mine is making soap, cold process soap.
10. I couldn't imagine my life without the internet. I think I'm actually addicted. I have met my best friends through it and a lot of amazing people I would've otherwise never known. Also you can find just anything there these days and I do a lot of research online.
11. Oh and the most important thing I almost forgot: I have a small obsession with sheep. When I say small I mean that I have over 100 of them in different sizes of figures, plush toys, candles, bags, plant sticks, key chains, the likes. Friends have sent them over the years and I keep telling them to stop, but I still love sheep. ;)


Now onto Ange's questions:

1. What was the nicest dream you've ever had?
- If I told you that I would have to mark this block 18+... (See? Way too honest again)
2. Where is your favourite place in the world?
- Home
3. What is your favourite name?
- Rea Garvey, because this is my chance to plug my favourite singer a little ;)
4. Red or white wine?
- Neither, don't drink any alcohol and wine is made out of grapes and therefore included in the list of foods I'm allergic to...meh...
5. Favourite gadget (not sewing related)
- Can I name several? Laptop, Mobile, Ipod and my Singer (erm, yes I knowwww, NOT sewing related *huffs*)
6. Favourite quilter/blogger
- My favourite quilter and blogger in one is Laurraine from Patchwork Pottery, hands down. It's not only the first quilting blog that I ever followed, her work is also amazing and right up my alley. If you don't know her, her Flickr Album is linked to her blog, do go and check out her work.
7. Which fruit or vegetable best describes you?
- Probably a lychee? Hard and prickly from the outside and soft and sweet on the inside, because I know that some people mistake my earnestness as arrogance, but people who really know me, do know that I'm the opposite. I may not smile much in public, but I can be a complete crazy goofball with dirty jokes among friends and family.
8. Most exciting thing you've ever done?
- Having my best friend fly over from England to come see a P!nk concert with me here in Germany. Best concert experience ever, we had a blast!
9. Most hated word?
- Euro Rescue Fund. I know that's not one word, but it's a big deal in my country and a majorly annoying one too.
10. How did you choose your blog name?
- It's the name I printed on my labels way before I even had a blog. Lia is my nickname, coming from Julia, and Handmades is pretty self-explanatory.
11. What is your worst habit?
- I'm extremely impatient. It got better as I got older, but I am seriously impatient when I'm supposed to teach people something and they just won't get it, even when you've explained and showed them for the 10th time. I know it's bad, but it's really a pet peeve...


Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award (in alphabetical order):



And my questions to these 11 bloggers are:

1. What is your favourite colour and why?
2. The weirdest food you've ever eaten?
3. Most desired holiday destination?
4. Your biggest wish for the future?
5. What is the colour of your car?
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
7. How many sewing machines do you own?
8. What is the first item you ever made (sewn) and do you still have it?
9. Where in your home do you sew, do you have your own craft room?
10. Do you have a  favourite quilt fabric designer? And if so, who?
11. What would you rather receive for your birthday, a nice meal at a restaurant, or an afternoon shopping at a fabric store?


Now have fun and pass the Award along bloggers!

Until next time
xx Lia

2 comments:

  1. Some great answers, made me chuckle, and thanks for the blog pointer, it looks fantastic, i must have a better look around it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. though i knew most of that, there were still some new and fascinating things to read. ;-) i couldn't live without internet either!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...