Sunday, May 26, 2013

A much needed sewing fix! And an update for the Tote Bag Swap!

After a tight schedule at work for the past couple weeks, I've been using my Sundays to sew, even though I would actually have other important things to do, but I really just need one day in the week to sit down and have some me time.

So today was spent catching up on some paper-piecing with 3 more blocks of the Summer Sampler Sew-Along from Ellison Lane Quilts. Here are my versions.

Block 4 - Soft Serve Ice Cream

Block 5 - Milkshake

Block 6 - Chocolate Cake

I think these blocks are just too cute and like last week, I can't wait for the final 3 to be revealed in the coming week. I secretly hope that we'll get a lollipop and maybe another drink, maybe a cocktail. We'll see.

Here are all of the 6 blocks together. These will make a great mini quilt! :)



As the titel of this post already reveals, I also want to give you an update on my Secret Tote Bag Swap. 
There are 3 more days to sign up. So if you still want to join, please do it now :)

We currently have 55 sign ups. Number 1 of those sign-ups is me, but I'm basically the joker here to make sure we get to an even number if sign-ups should be uneven. I would really love to join in, though. So I guess I will just have to do it twice then, if the numbers don't change till Wednesday. 

I've also been asked repeatedly about the Flickr group that I created for this swap. It's not mandatory for the swap that you sign up to the Flickr group, but it would be fabulous if you could. I won't be forcing anyone to do so, if they don't want it, I just feel that it's a great way of getting to know the other swap partners and communicating with them, as well as showing off what you made and getting feedback on it.

I'm currently in several groups for swaps as well as sew-alongs and it's always nice to exchange with others, but like I said, I'll be the last person to force you into signing up, when you don't want to.

Also, I will make the link-up for your projects available on the main Tote Bag Swap page once I've emailed out your partner details, as I've had a few emails that named concerns about the deadline for the link-up since some of you will be on holiday at the time. This will assure that everyone has enough time to link.up their projects to get into the run for the prizes.

If there's any other questions you want to ask about the swap, please do not hesitate to email me!

And as a final note, I'll also be linking this post up to Kristy's Paper Piecing Party!

Paper Piecing Party

Until next time, happy sewing!
xx Lia

8 comments:

  1. Your Summer Sampler blocks are looking so great together! Very summer-y!

    I just popped a note about the tote bag swap on my blog - hope you get the even numbers so you can join in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little paper-pieced desserts are absolutely yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I love the choc cake one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lia, Milkshake is beautiful but Chocolate Cake provoque me to eat a piece. GRRRR, I'm avoiding to eat or make cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DAs wird ein süßer Miniquilt. Na, du organisierst ja auch gerade einen Swap :), aber ich hab gesehen international...
    LG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lia - your paper pieced blocks are so cute and low in calories too! What size do they finish? Thanks for the update on the swap. I'm going to try an figure out this Flickr thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I printed those patterns off yesterday, I thought it looked like an easy paper piecing project. You did a great job on yours. Looking forward to the swap, I'll post about it again in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...