Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer Sampler Sew-Along

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm using this weekend to do some catching up with my sewing machine.
And here are the results so far, a few cute, paper-pieced blocks to go with the sew-along that I joined, hosted by Jennifer Mathis from Ellison Lane Quilts.
It's called the Summer Sampler Sew-Along and consists of 9 paper-pieced 6" blocks, that will be posted in a time frame of 3 weeks, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.


As you can see I have 3 blocks done, because I had to catch up with the first week, due to a tight work schedule. But these blocks are whipped up quickly and I think they really just look quirky and cute, which means I can't wait for Block 4 to be revealed tomorrow! :)

Here are a few close-ups of each block.

Block 1 - Double Popsicle.

Block 2 - Lemonade

Block 3 - Cupcake

What are you working on right now? Any interesting BOM's or Sew-Alongs you joined? I still need to work on this month's block of the Quiet Play paper-pieced BOM, as well as my entry for Angie's monthly book challenge at Heart of Charnwood. I have NO idea what to do this time, but enough books to choose from lol!

Until next time!
xx Lia


6 comments:

  1. Oh they are so cute! I really like the Popsicle! I'm working on tons of stuff, but dont typically do quilt-alongs or BOMs. I love watching them, but never quite want to commit :)

    Should be really cool when you finish it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks! I am working on a quilt that I am making for a co-worker, I really like it now that is has come together. I wish I didn't have to give it away LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so perfect for summer and what a happy project to work on ! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling blocks! They make me wish for summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...