Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Fabric Basket arrived!!!!

Today was a good day! Because I had unexpected mail - unexpected because it was from a secret partner in a swap, but if I'm honest, I've been waiting patiently for something to arrive for a while now as most of the other partners sent and received already, even though deadline was only this week.

To make a long story short, I was part of a Secret Fabric Basket Swap, hosted by Leona's Quilting Adventures and it was super fun!

Here's what I received today, from Karin in Sweden

Look at all these goodies!

 A beautiful fabric basket with lots of room. It actually has the size of a mini-tote! 
Also note the super adorable postcard of a beaver taking his measurements to make a pair of pants! LOL!

Vintage buttons, a frame for a coin purse, thread and cough drops.

Lots of lovely scraps. I totally adore the cherry fabric! LOVE!

2 funky bell-pepper coasters and more scraps.

More scraps, some just perfect for fuzzy cutting!

Thank you sooooooo much, Karin! I love these and you really made my day! :)

I have to say, these swaps really make addicted. It's like Christmas and it gets me excited, although honestly Christmas in my opinion is the worst holiday of the whole year, hands down. But I just LOVE swaps and I love surprises, so...swaps are perfect.

And since I currently have my own swap running, I thought I could post a sneak peak of a little part of the tote that I am making for my partner. But just a tiny sneaky peak ;)



I should add that I finally got around to trying free-motion quilting on my Singer machine. Boy, it's easier on that one than on any other machine that I tried on before. This is the first time I actually managed to make something look halway decent, so I'm really a bit proud of that achievement right now. 

Do you have any free-motion tips for a total beginner?
I have purchased in Diane Needham's class "Design It, Quilt It" on Craftsy when it was on sale last week and so far have learned a lot. Thanks to Karen for recommending it!

Have a nice day everyone and see you next time,
xx Lia




4 comments:

  1. Wow, the fabric basket looks fab! I can already hear your mind whirring and whizzing as to what to turn these into. ;-) And love the small teaser pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love surprises too! Sneak peak is excellent good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to have some lovely surprises throughout the year. Love the fabric basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you - what a haul! The basket and all the treats are terrific. I like the postcard too and the fabric with th owl!
    I've joined your swap and am working away on my tote. Can't wait to hear from my partner after she gets her bag and to see what I get in the mail from the person who got my name!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...