Sunday, June 23, 2013

My first time as pattern tester!

There's a first time for everything and this weekend it was my first time testing a pattern for someone. YAY!

Kristy at Quiet Play is currently working on paper-pieced Star Wars patterns that are based on the Star Wars Lego figures. You can see the ones she worked on on her latest blogpost and she'll soon be making the available in her Craftsy store, entirely for free!

Being a Star Wars nerd myself - and having grown up with the movies and both my mum and dad loving Star Wars - just seeing the patterns Kristy already made got me extremely excited and brought out that famous tickle in my fingers to make, make, make, sew, sew, sew.
I had the chance to pick between a few and I picked Princess Leia and making her was sooo much fun!

Here she is, created mostly in solids, apart from her gown, and without any added features.


Then I put my thinking cap on and got creative, embroidering her hair with the machine and painting her face on using fabric paint. Her lips look a little weird, but that's because the paint was still a bit wet and I didn't iron over it again before taking pictures. What do you think?



I think she's a cutie and it goes without saying that I'll link this post up to Kristy's Paper Piecing Party. Just have to! ;)

Will you be making a Star Wars themed project when Kristy adds these patterns to her shop? I think I will make a quilt for my little brother, but shhh ;)

Hope you have a good start into the new week and see you next time!
xx Lia



10 comments:

  1. She looks great! I love what you did with her hair... i think i need to "borrow" your idea for my Leia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great! There are no Star Wars lovers in our house so I won't be making any but I like to see the others. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this -- I'm going over to her blog now to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Her face turned out perfectly!! Love love! Thanks so much for testing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a cutie!! Love the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok - I am pattern testing Obi Wan Kenobi and wondering how to do the face. How did you do Leia's with fabric paint so neatly? And I think she looks perfect. My project will be a wall hanging for my two Star Wars crazed sons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I mentioned your fabulous Leia on my blog post here. http://findingfifth.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/old-ben-kenobi.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...