Thursday, July 11, 2013

Beautiful fabrics and a finished mug rug...

Today I received my order from Tactile Fabrics. Superfast from the USA as it only took 14 days! Yay!

I ordered Heidi Staples' blogger bundle 'The California Road Trip' there last month, after she had displayed it on her blog - Fabric Mutt.


I'm usually not such a big fan of blue, or actually, I don't have that much blue fabric in my stash, but seeing the yellow and blue combined just really spoke to me and the low volume text fabrics were added bonus. Plus, I already know what I'll be using these for, but I won't be saying anything yet. It will be revealed soon, though. ;)

On top of the Fabric Mutt Bundle I also bought the following FQ's, just love the one with the flowers and Jennifer added a bonus scrap of fabric as well. So nice! I'll definitely order there again as she offers a great service and beautiful range of fabrics. 


Since today is my day off, I've been spending it sewing on my project for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap. After needing 2 days to finish the paper-pieced block, I have today transformed it into a quilted mug rug and finished it with binding and all after I had to rush to the store in the afternoon because I foolishly had run out of invisible thread. That just shows that I'm such a rookie at freemotion quilting because I keep running out of thread when I do it, lol!

To get this piece flat enough to be a mug rug, I quilted it quite heavily, I just hope that my partner will like it. That's always the nail-biting part in swaps, isn't it? 



And since the swap also requires at least a fatquarter worth of scraps in designer quilting fabric to go along with your swap item, I had a good look through my stash and dug the following out. My partner asked for colourful and modern, I hope this fits the criteria and meets her taste :)


Now I'm going to start planning the next project, which is also for a swap and will include some of my lovely new fabrics! Oh, I can't wait to play with them!

Have a happy and sunny day everyone!

Until next time,
xx Lia

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous mug rug, although think I'd be terrified of spilling coffee on it, its so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute mug rug! Not a Sunny Day here in North Carolina :( Seeing you cute birdie brightens the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous job on the bird paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bird mug rug is too cute. I think someone will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lia - what a lovely bunch of fabrics - can't wait to see what you do with them! And your mug rug is so pretty, too pretty to use. It would be nice framed in a shadow box and hung it on a wall! There are so many little pieces, especially in the tail feathers! Terrific job. And the quilting is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...