Sunday, July 7, 2013

Time for a Party!!

That's Kristy's Paper Piecing Party to be exact!

Since I failed to make a blog post last Sunday, I will just show you what I made last week as well as this week.

I volunteered to be a pattern tester for Kristy's super cute Lego Star Wars patterns again. This time for one of my personal faves:

Chewbacca

Kristy's original pattern asks for 3 different brown fabrics for the fur, I only used 2 brown fabrics for it and one solid for the eyes and mouth. Afterwards I used my fabric paints again to give him eyes and teeth. My mum loves him and I so can't wait to do more of these, but I have joined 3 swaps at the moment, so my days off from work and weekends are concentrating on finishing the swap projects.

I did so on Thursday this week (my day off) and today, finishing the probably most complicated paper-pieced pattern that I've done so far. It's called Nature's Bounty and I found the pattern for free on eQuiltpatterns.com.

It had me sweating and struggling, but I'm very pleased with how the seams turned out, considering that this pattern had 20 single pieces, but see for yourself:


This is my project for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap. My partner likes birds, but I don't want to reveal too much and spoil the surprise. I just hope she'll like what I'm planning for her.

I just love swaps, they're so addicting and exciting and I just can't seem to stay away from them. It's just great to step out of your comfort zone and try new things you otherwise maybe wouldn't have done. And it's great to know something's in the mail and on its way to you and you have no idea what it even is, then get all bouncy when a package arrives! Love it!

The above happened yesteray, which is why there will be another post shortly ;)
xx Lia



4 comments:

  1. I like your bird! Good Job!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chewy looks just fab! Thank you for testing him for me!

    I love your bird. It turned out just beautifully. Well done tackling a big pattern - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh I like! Very cool. The bird is a beauty! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even attempt a pattern that had a 20th piece. :)

    Hey - if you happen to follow me, the bored zombie, on bloglovin will you update your feed? I moved to a new platform which means new feed. :)
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9760557

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job onChewy!! He looks very lifelike and i think the painting you did really brings him to life. Great job on the pretty bird too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...