Sunday, August 25, 2013

New fabrics and another Tote

Let's start this post with a bit of eye candy. New fabric that is. 
This week I received the August bundle of the Color Me happy Fatquarter Club from Sew Lux Fabric. Lots of beautiful yellows in some really nice prints.
I left a few months out after my last bundle of grey fabrics in April, since I'm not such a big fan of purple (June) and blue (July), but with my current love for aqua am biting myself a bit that I skipped on May as well. 
Hmm. Oh well, there's always next year, I guess ;)


Then another new addition this week are some fabrics from Timeless Treasures, that I bought especially for tote, which is a custom order for someone in the UK. She picked these fabrics, because she likes chickens.


So I sat down yesterday to create her bag. It's kind of funny, because this is the third time that I'm making this specific style of bag, the original pattern has no zipper or magnetic clasps or anything, but even the very first time I already added a zipper pocket to the lining of this bag and I'll be damned, but every time I resew this, I can't for the life of me remember how I included the pocket, lol! 




She's not seen the finished product yet as I always like to keep a little suspense and just surprise my customer when it arrives with them, so I hope she's gonna like it.

That's it from me for now and remember, if you want to sign up for my Secret Tote Bag Swap, you have until the 29th of August to do so. All you need to do is hop over to the Flickr group, where you'll find the sign-up form and the rules to the swap.

I'm also linking this post up to Finding Fifth's Sunday Stash which is being hosted by Heidi at Fabric Mutt this week! 

See you soon!
xx Lia

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure she's gonna like it, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag looks so professionally made. I love the tabs that hold the straps. I too am sure that she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say I love the assortment of yellow fabrics. There's nothing like a bit of yellow or orange to make a quilt sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I see! You do have a problem with purple, even when someone else makes the bundle! I love the yellows though. And your tote is wonderful. Great job, Lia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those yellows are beautiful, and your tote is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to Sunday Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...