Sunday, October 6, 2013

Confessions of a Fabric Addict...

...and the reveal stage of the newest additions to my fabric stash. If the first part of that sentence sounds vaguely familiar, you're probably also a fan of Project Runway, which I've been watching a bit too much lately ;)

I will be linking this post up with Finding Fifth's Sunday Stash, which is hosted by Emily of Sew ET this week.

So...here we go...

Verona by Riley Blake, just love these colours!

Fabric scraps

More fabric scraps

And even more fabric scraps

All of the above are from a German online shop that I discovered while googling for a way to gather more scraps of fabric. The shop is called 'Die Stoffstube' and they sell bundles of fabrics as well as single pieces, starting with about layer cake size up to bigger pieces, as well as bundles of scraps and strips and surprise packs for a not too bad price. 

Next up we have the fabrics for the Colour Me Happy FQ Club that I receive monthly from Sew Lux Fabric. The month of September had a bundle of all black fabrics. 

Colour Me Happy FQ Bundle for September

Then the lovely Jodie contacted me over Flickr when she saw that I had posted about a possible fabric scraps swap in my group for the Secret Tote Bag Swap. She offered to swap scraps with me in exchange for German newspapers, magazines, menus, food labels and so on for her mother's Lifelong Learners German Language Club. Of course I couldn't say no to that and look at the amazing pretties that I received from Jodie in return! I totally love these!

Super beautiful scraps from Jodie

Here's another view of them from the top

And then last but not least, my boss surprised me with this gingham fabric in home decor weight when she came back from her vacation time and asked if I could make use of it. I don't know what I'll be using it for yet, but of course I said yes ;)


You're probably gonna think I'm crazy now for gathering all of this in just one week, but I did not. It's actually what I accumulated in the last 3 weeks, I just didn't post about it before. So...what do you think, is there still hope for me? ;)

I'm not so sure...

xx Lia


5 comments:

  1. Lia, when did you ever hear "Michaelangeo, you have too many paint brushes" or "Leonardo, why do you need so much paint" or "Vincent what will you ever do with all those canvases". Your fabric is the raw material you use to create your masterpieces so I say "go for it sister"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely additions! I think the most important question is, what are you going to do with all of these lovelies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these scrap packs - that's one of my favourite things to buy online. It's nice to have yardage, but I like mixing things up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrap packs look like so much fun! You have added quite a few new additions...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rainbow scraps are lovely! I have such fun making things with the small bits of scraps. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...