Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Secret Tote Bag Swap - Received!!!


Today I received the absolutely most amazing package in the mail from the lovely Mara from Simon Says Sew. And wow, I think this is the biggest package that I have ever received in a swap and I'm just blown away by how gorgeous my new bag is and how much thought Mara put into making it, because she really got my likes and preferences spot on. The colours and patterns are perfect and I can't wait to carry my bag around town! :D Thank you, so, so much, Mara!

Next to the tote which is made after the Super Tote pattern by Noodlehead, she also added a framed clutch purse, a keyfob that matches the bag, with a little turtle charm on it, cute sheep buttons, 2 notebooks, one of them having sewing patterns printed on the outside, how cool?! Then there's also a measure tape, some sticky notes, a sharpie marker and a pencil, as well as lots of nice fabric goodies, some of them being scraps from the bag making. I just adore this package and all the colour choices she made!

Here are a few close-ups of everything she included.


Super cute clutch bacg with hand-stitched detail on the front.

This fabric made me laugh, because I have a linen tote bag that has a sheep print on the front,
also with only one black sheep in the group of all the others being white, this clutch so matches the theme lol!

Yummy texty low volume fabric on the inside! <3

Key fob to match the tote bag, with a super adorable turtle charm dangling from it!

Really, how cute is this turtle?

Mara included lots of nice pockets in the bag, just like I need them!

A hidden zipper pocket, too.

And I love how she changed the pattern the same way I did on the tote I made for my partner,
because Mara also added magnet pockets on both sides of the bag!

There's soooo much room!

Look at all these goodies! I'm stunned!

And fabrics...mmm, you can never have enough fabrics!

I keep going back and touching all my new goodies, gonna admire them for a bit longer today and then clear out my old (bought) bag and pack all my stuff over into this one. Totally love getting happy mail!

So as you can see, the 2nd round of the Secret Tote Bag Swap was extremely successful for me. And Mara hinted at Round 3 in her card that she included. 
There definitely will be a round 3, but not until spring time next year. ;)

I have a few projects lined up that I need to finish by Christmas and within the next weeks, but if anyone is interested and looking for a really fast and easy way to swap some fabric, then come on over to Flickr and join in on the Fabric Scrap Swap. Sign-ups for that are open until the 25th October, so just for a few more days.

Happy swapping to everyone and I hope you also had some happy mail to sweeten your day :)

Until next time
xx Lia

4 comments:

  1. It's so weird seeing my name, it's not very common, but I must say Mara has great taste, really adore the turtle charm, the bag looks fantastic and the embroidery is so cute, okay, you made out, this was an awesome swap. Thanks again for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is beautiful and all of the goodies are so nice! That little clutch is too cute for words. Mara really had some wonderful ideas about what to include in the way of treats!

    Thank you so much for organizing the swap. It was great fun and I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lia, that is happy mail! What a generous swap partner - a beautiful bag and so many extra goodies! Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow very nice :D
    if you want look my blog http://bloggerlovesg.blogspot.com/ or my page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/%CE%8C%CE%BB%CE%B5%CF%82-%CE%BF%CE%B9-Blogger-%CF%83%CE%B5-%CE%BC%CE%B9%CE%B1-%CF%83%CE%B5%CE%BB%CE%AF%CE%B4%CE%B1/450088608433299
    Love
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...