Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fabric Postcards!!!


Finally I tried my hand on fabric postcards and made a few that I want to send off to a couple friends this week.



I admit that the first one (top left in the picture) was a bit wobbly and then a few of them have the stitching around the edges a bit too close, so that the thicker paper that I used for the back, kind of started to fall apart a bit, so I had to straight stitch around their edges again to secure them. But I'm pleased with how they turned out. 



I also found out that my machine hates the metallic embroidery thread of Gütermann that I have, so there's only one card with fancy golden stitching I'm afraid ;)

These were fun to make though, and I'm already itching to make some more. The two in the following picture are my favourites. 


Still a lot more gift sewing to do here, am totally slacking on the Star Wars Quilt for my little brother. But I have 3 days off this week, so I need to sit down and work on it and hopefully will have another update for you soon.

Also, tomorrow marks another Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day and I'm participating again. If you want to win something sheepishly cute (yes, that was a hint!) make sure you come back tomorrow!

Have a good evening :)
xx Lia

3 comments:

  1. Your postcards are lovely! I am part of a swap on facebook and we swap one a month, except it features free motion quilting too. I love making them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lia - your postcards are so pretty. All of the fabrics are so nice and fresh. I never thought of sending postcards at Christmas. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...