Friday, March 7, 2014

A little experiment...

The other day I had a little idea when finding a small A7 sized notepad in the folder that holds the manual for my car and thought, I could make a quilted cover for it, that protects the notepad.




It was whipped up really quickly using the QAYG method. I used fleece batting, no stabiliser and the cover is already nice and sturdy enough in my opinion. I picked fabrics from my scrappy bin and added a couple Kam Snaps as fasteners.



I'm actually planning to make some more of these in different colours when I have some time and then maybe add them to my Dawanda Shop, like I did with my pincushions.

There have been a few request for a tutorial for those (the finger pincushions) and I will make one as soon as I have a bit of more time, promise. It's been 2 and a half weeks now since my boss broke her arm, so there isn't really an end in sight yet.



On a brighter note, the third round for my Fabric Scrap Swap just started, so if you want to join that, head over to the Flickr group for all the info as well as the sign-up form. But be quick, you can only sign up until the 14th of March, 2014! :)

Hope you're all having a great time, spring is definitely coming over here and I'm enjoying the sunshine and warmer temperatures, although not the hayfever, lol!

Until next time!
xx Lia

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the cover you made for your car manual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this 'experiment' is now with me in sri lanka, and i absolutely love it! can't wait to keep it in my handbag and then take it out in public to take some notes and earn admiring looks! ;-) seriously, this is just perfect! thank you, lia dear! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...