Sunday, March 23, 2014

Darth Vader Pillow...

Here's a little something I've been working on in the past week, on my only day off work ;)


I honestly didn't think that I would be making another Star Wars themed items so soon after finishing the Star Wars Quilt for my little brother, but then a colleague of mine mentioned that her 5 year old stepson is mad about Star Wars and really likes Darth Vader, so I offered to make her a pillow with the leftover fabrics from my quilt, since she was undecided what to give him for his birthday.


So I sat down on my day off and spent the afternoon sewing on this pillow case with the patterns from Kristy at Quiet Play. How much did I miss my machine? 

In the past couple weeks sewing has really become a rare past time for me, because mostly when I've got a day off, I'm too knackered or too unmotivated to do much.
My boss is still written off sick, they have removed her cast now (for everyone not following the story, she had broken her right elbow mid February by falling over a broom at work), after just 3 weeks, she's been receiving daily physio therapy to get movement back into her arm, but says it's extremely painful and she can't move her hand up to her shoulder. Upon requesting that she wanted to come back to work next week the doctor said definitely not and extended her sick leave until April 9th for now. 

So it will be 7 weeks by then that the leftover 3 of us have been working on our own then and I wish I could say I've got used to it by now, but I'm just knackered all the time, so small sewing items and little portions of making time with my machine will have to do for now.

Lately my creativity has been tickling me a little, though, and I have a few more posts planned to show you what I've been making.

I hope everyone else has a beautiful spring time!
xx Lia


P.S. I'm linking this up with Kristy at Quiet Play and her Paper Piecing Party.

Paper Piecing Party

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cushion!! I am sure your friends son loved it and so nice of you to sew it considering you have had such little time to sew. I hope your boss feels better and is back to work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to send you an email today to ask if all was well because you've been so quiet this month. I assumed you were still bogged down at work and it sounds like I was right. You'll need a good long vacation when your boss returns to work.
    Your Darth Vader cushion is fabulous and I think that the little boy will be thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...