Last week my sewing and swapping friend Janine from Crafty Tokyo Mama II nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. She lives in Japan and we've met in early 2014 through my Fabric Scrap Swap, which she's repeatedly taking part in with huge patience, as she usually the last one to receive her package thanks to the loooong postal ways, lol!
I feel honoured to have received this nomination as there are so many fabulous sewing blogs out there and mine doesn't really feel so special, so thanks to Janine for the nomination, I'll gladly pay it forward :)
In accepting this Award, I have to nominate 10 more blogs and also share 7 things about myself, so let's get started with my nominations.
1. My first nomination goes to Teresa at The Green Bag Lady. If you haven't heard from her yet, you're probably living behind the moon ;) Up to this day Teresa and her Green Bag Lady chapters have sewn over 31,000 shopping bags that have been given away for free for a cleaner environment.
2. Up next is Karen at Faeries and Fibres. She creates the most amazing EPP quilts and shares great piecing techniques and tutorials on her blog. So if you plan on taking your EPP to the next level, go and visit her blog!
3. I also want to nominate Mara of Secretly Stitching. We've met through swaps on Flickr, are now Instagram and Facebook buddies and share a huge love for bees, nautical themes and Alison Glass fabrics. She is fantastic at embroidery and makes the cutest things.
4. My next nomination goes to Karri of Karri of Berries. We've also met through Swaps and I love Karri's blog because on there she speaks out about things that other people are too afraid to say, especially dealing with swaps. I love her honesty and sense of humour. ;)
5. Yvonne from White Painted House is next. She hasn't blogged in ages - maybe we can change that now? ;) - but she's incredibly generous in terms of creating angel packages for swappers and is always the first to offer and respond. This is why she really needs a nod on this post.
6. I also need to nominate Josh from Molli Sparkles because you can never have enough sparkles and glitter ;) Josh creates amazing quilts - check out Lost Feathers of an Angel and be prepared to stare!! - and was the driving force behind collecting over 2000 hashtag blocks to make quilts for Sewing For Sydney.
7. Kim from Persimon Dreams is also one of my nominees. Her blog is probably best known for the annual Project Quilting Challenges. If you've not heard about that yet, go and make sure that you visit her blog. Kim hosts Project Quilting every year between January and March and there are many prized up for grabs when joining a challenge.
8. Another nominee is Caroline from lal in Socal. We've met through my Secret Tote Bag Swap and she creates the most gorgeous bags. She's also got a huge love for everything purple and knits cute companions for her swap partners.
9. I'm also nominating Paula from Mudpies and Pins. I love her tiny EPP creations and butterflies. They're just gorgeous and Paula as a great eye for colour.
10. My last spot goes to Aylin at ayliN-Nilya. Her patterns and creations are out of this world and it seems that she's whipping them up faster than you could actually sew, lol!
So, those were my nominees and I guess now I have to reveal 7 things about myself, this could get awkward, haha!
1. A funny fact is that my online friends often think that I'm an American living abroad. But I'm not, I'm a born and raised German and have never lived anywhere else but Germany. I often get complimented on my English, though, so I suppose I had good teachers! Yay! ;)
2. While I don't have a problem in getting to know or meeting new people, I rather stay to myself. I'm not quite sure if that makes me a proper introvert, but I have no trouble in spending hours alone by myself and just being creative.
3. From being a teenager up into my early twenties I loved to read. I haven't touched a book in years now though and probably wouldn't find any time to sew if I actually did.
4. That being said, I find it hard to concentrate on an actual page for a longer time period, wether that be in a newspaper or book, or reading an e-book on a laptop for example. It's not that I don't want to, but I have so called vitreous opacity, which are floaters in my left eye that are constantly there. They are quite annoying if I have to concentrate on something for a longer time and make my eye extra tired. Just imagine seeing small black dots whenever you look from the left to the right, they float through your vision and back. I've learned to live with them as I've had them for several years, but they can be quite annoying at times.
5. I love to do anything crafty. Often I get the 'is there anything you can't do?' comments, which make me laugh. Yeah, there are several things I cannot do, cooking and baking for example. Or knitting. I also have no patience for cross-stitching and it always looks a bit weird when I do it.
6. I prefer dogs to kids. I don't think that needs any further explanation haha! ;)
7. And last but not least, something a bit embarrassing I guess. My musical taste is all over the place, but for the last year and a half or so, I've actually gone back down the teenie route and started to become a fan of One Direction. Yes, I know, you can laugh about that all you want, but I don't mind. I totally don't care lol!
Ok, that's that! I hope you visit some of the blogs above and hopefully find something you like and I will have a new post up for you all very, very soon!